MIB (Master Information Block)
MIB – Master Information Block
Periodicity – 40 ms at RRC (10 ms at Physical Layer)
Location – 1st Subframe 2nd Time Slot First 4rth OFDM Symbol
Channel – PBCH
Information Elements (I.E)-
- Number of Tx Antenna
- PHICH info
- PCID (Physical Cell ID)
SIB (System Information Block)
Types of SIB:
- SIB 1 : Cell Selection, Cell Access, SI Scheduling.
- SIB 2 : RACH, Access Barring, UL frequency Information, MBSFN Config.
- SIB 3 : Intra Frequency Cell Reselection.
- SIB 4 : Intra Frequency Neighbour Cell.
- SIB 5 : Inter Frequency Neighbour Cell.
- SIB 6 : UTRAN Neighbour Cell.
- SIB 7 : GERAN Neighbour Cell.
Note : SIBs other than SIB1 are carried in SI messages and mapping of SIBs to SI is done by “schedulingInfoList” List include in SIB1.
System Information Block Type1 (SIB 1)
- SIB1 : It contains information relevant when evaluating if a UE is allowed to access a cell and defines the scheduling of other system information.
- Its periodicity is of 80 ms and repetitions made within 80 ms.
SIB1 related information:
plmn-IdentityList : List of PLMN identities.
sib-MappingInfo : List of the SIBs mapped to this SI message. There is no mapping information of SIB2, it is always present in the first SI message listed in schedulingInfoList list.
si-Periodicity : Periodicity of the SI-message in radio frames.
Si-WindowLength: Common SI scheduling window for all SI’s.
trackingAreaCode : A trackingAreaCode that is common for all the PLMNs listed
systemInfoValueTag : indicates if a change has occurred in the SI messages.schedulingInfoList : The transmission cycles for other SIBs are determined
System Information Block Type2 (SIB 2)
- There is no mapping information of SIB2
- It is always present in the first System Information message listed in the schedulingInfoList list.