Numerology – Subcarrier Spacing
- As we know in LTE we have only one type of subcarrier spacing i.e. 15Khz.
- NR support multiple type of subcarrier spacing.
- NR supports a flexible OFDM numerology with subcarrier spacings ranges from 15 kHz to 240 kHz with a proportional change in cyclic prefix duration.
Supported Channel mapping with numerology
- It’s Not like that every numerology can be used for every physical channel.
- Numerologies has been specified as per certain type of physical channel.
Numerology, Radio Frame Structure and Slot Length
- Slot Length changes depending on numerology.
- Increase in subcarrier spacing will decrease slot length.
Radio Frame Structure